The Technology Hub works with Teachers, Schools and Communities in these key areas:
- Community outreach promoting creative computing for young people
- Curriculum planning and teacher PLD for NZC Digital Technologies
- Raspberry Pis – the fantastic little computer that’s capable of teaching big ideas
- Delivery of FITS Framework Technical Support Accreditation – Essential IT Management for Schools
Ginette Van Praag – Director
MOE ACCREDITED PLD FACILITATOR
Ginette has been a Digital Technologies educator, Leader of Learning and IT Infrastructure middle manager in New Zealand and in the UK. She is a registered teacher and an accredited Practitioner in the Framework for ICT Technical Support (FITS). Ginette has over 15 years experience working with and teaching Digital Technologies in mainstream schools.
She has experience as an eTeacher and has worked with FarNET and the VLN Primary School, teaching NCEA Level 1 Digital Technologies and programming and computer science to children in primary schools across New Zealand.
Ginette actively promotes creative computing in the wider community. In 2014 she co-founded the 3C’s Raspberry Pi Computer Club for the 8-12 age group at Whangarei Central Library. In October 2018 we were excited to open DT Kids Academy, Taupō – our flagship Digital Discovery Centre set in the heart of the Central Plateau.
Ginette’s Project Portfolio
Ginette has worked as a Digital Technologies specialist / classroom teacher in these school settings, here in New Zealand and overseas:
- Low Decile (1) High Schools (yrs 7-13)
- All Girl’s Secondary School (yrs 7-11)
- All Boy’s High School (yrs 9-13)
- Area School (yrs 4-13)
- FarNET Online School (Virtual Learning Network Community of schools (Year 11 NCEA L1)
- VLN Primary School (yrs 4-8)
- Primary Schools (years 5-6)
She has developed and facilitated NCEA Digital Technologies Workshops, Course Counselling and Programme Planning in this subject area to Digital Technologies teachers from 79 schools across New Zealand since 2008.
Raspberry Pi & DT
2018 “Interview with a Guru!”
2016-17 Strengthening Digital Technologies Preferred Supplier for the Ministry of Education
The Technology Hub was one of the 9 preferred suppliers for the Strengthening Digital Technologies Fund, facilitating a coherent NZC teaching and learning programme for years 6-8+ with the Raspberry Pi.
2011 – The Teacher’s Lounge Blog
In response to the new Digital Technologies NCEA Achievement Standards being released, Ginette put together a website ‘The Teacher’s Lounge’ as a one-stop-shop – for new teachers of the subject to find resources all in one place.